Mia is now 2 years and 4 months old and she is so much fun! I know people say "terrible twos" but I would have to disagree, I love seeing her little personality, even if it involves some stubbornness and attitude. So here is a "list" of the funny things she has said and done lately, things we don't want to forget.
- I think it's safe to say she is fully potty-trained (during the day) and even is to the point where she doesn't need help anymore. She just goes in the bathroom and does her business by herself. The other day we were shopping and went into the restroom, Mia said she didn't have to go so I just parked the stroller right outside my stall. Pretty soon I hear Mia saying "poop, poop" I told her I would be right out to help her, when I opened the door she wasn't in her stroller, but I could see her in the mirror, she had gone into a stall, got on the toilet and was doing her business with the stall door wide open! Luckily we were the only ones in there.
- She pronounces most "c" or "k" words as a "t" so Cooper is "Tooper" and although he get on her nerves sometimes she really does love him and if anyone takes him to bed or appears to be leaving with him she runs after them and yells "Hey! That's my Tooper!"
- One night, she was not wanting to stay in bed, Kyle and I were sitting on the couch and I saw her open her door and sneak into our room, I went and got her and put her back to bed. About ten minutes later I hear her door creak open and when I peek down the hall she has put a blanket over her head like a ghost and was walking into our bedroom, Ha! I guess if she can't see us, we can't see her!
- Disney has taught her some wonderful things...one day she came up and grabbed my face and kissed me on the lips while moving her head back and forth, a pretty passionate kiss to give your mom. When I asked her about it she said "I kiss yike Pocahontas!"
- Each night when we tuck her in she says "love you soooo much!"
- "You're Stinky!" is her new favorite thing to say (thanks Kyle) This can get pretty embarrassing in public when she shouts it over and over again!
- We were driving the other day and Mia said she wanted to go on a walk. Kyle asked her who was going to go with her and she said "mommy." When Kyle asked if her could go she said "No! Go to work dad!"
- She's becoming quite the little mother "hush Tooper!" and "It's otay, buddy" are common phrases she says to her brother.
- She has the most awkward, uncoordinated run but she loves to run, and she thinks she is quite good at it, she always says "I run fast!"
- To my delight she has developed quite a love for shopping. On our last excursion to Portland she picked out shirts she liked ran to the dressing room and held them up to her in the mirror, some she said were pretty and others she would put back. She even picked out the pants that matched! She continues to have a love for shoes and accessories as well and can often be seen sporting a necklace, hat, or the best accessory of all, a tutu!
- Obviously she is starting to listen in Sunday school because when Kyle told her he's the boss she said "No Daddy, Jesus is the boss!"
She is just the sweetest little girl and she makes us smile and laugh everyday, if I could freeze her at this age I would! She is growing so fast it makes my heart hurt, slow down time!
Oh, this is so fun! Mia sounds like such a character! I wish we got to see her more. Way to document these great moments!
ReplyDelete