Thursday, March 29, 2012

Portland Trip

This past weekend we went to Portland. The girls in Kyle's family went and saw the traveling Broadway show "Wicked." It was so good, I just love musicals!

While the girls were off enjoying the show the dads and grandpas were in charge of the kiddos. Amazingly enough, they all survived! That night we made boobsplitsa (sp?), a German side dish that is a family recipe of Sue's. They are sort of like delicious french fries, and although they are messy and time consuming to make it's always worth it!
The kids had a great time playing with their cousins all weekend!

It just so happened to work out that Kyle had a training in Portland the following Monday-Wednesday so we enjoyed a couple nights in a hotel. The kids and I went shopping during the day and splashed around in the pool at night. Mia is still a little fish in the water and Cooper seems to be following in her footsteps.


And the best part is that while I was gone the cleaning fairy came and cleaned up my house so I didn't have to come home to the disaster I created while I was packing everyone's bags on Friday (Thanks Mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment